- Coffee & Tea
- Replacement Parts
Fondue Use & Care
We hope that you enjoy your new Chantal fondue. While doing so, please remember the following Important Warnings and Instructions:
Before first use, wash in hot soapy water, rinse and towel dry.
- The burner will be extremely hot while flame is burning. Be careful when replacing or adding fuel/candle in a hot burner.
- Wear an oven mitt when pot is HOT!
Porcelain or Ceramic Pots (for cheese & chocolate fondues):
- Do not run cold water into a hot dish; cracking could occur from sudden temperature change.
- DO NOT use the porcelain or ceramic pot until it is completely dry (after washing).
- Do not use on ceramic, gas, traditional electric, or induction stovetops. To preheat a recipe on the stove, use a traditional cooking pot (not ceramic) then pour contents into the porcelain or ceramic fondue pot. Fondue pot can be used in the oven or microwave.
- If a diffuser plate is provided it will be necessary to use it to prevent chocolate or cheese from burning.
WARNING: Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Stainless or Enamel-on-Steel Pots (for oil and broth fondues):
- Heat can be regulated by opening or partially closing the holes of the burner lid. To extinguish flame, place damper lid over burner holes.
- The spatter guard is only for use with the stainless or enamel-on-steel pots.
- To obtain high temperature needed for oil or broth fondues, it is necessary to pre-heat pot directly on the stove. It may also be necessary to occasionally re-heat oil or broth on the stove to maintain desired temperature. The Chantal pot can be placed directly on the stove for heating purposes.
WARNING: Never leave a flame unattended.
For Stainless Burners:
- Do not use any alcohol fuel in the Chantal burner as serious injury could occur. Chantal burner paste is available on our website. You may also use bottled burner gel, available at most hardware and grocery stores.
- For best results, stir contents periodically. Add a small amount of liquid if bubbling occurs.
- Do not use steel wool, scouring pads, oven cleaners, bleach or other strong cleaners.
- To protect the beauty of your pot, avoid strong impact, over-heating and pre-heating empty.
For more helpful information about your Chantal fondue (including warranties and replacement parts) refer to our website at www.chantal.com or you may call 1-800-365-4354.